Pages

Monday 30 January 2012

Doors

I spent quite a bit of time experimenting with doors and the way they opened. I tried foreshortened doors that fit exactly with the perspective of the walls, I tried doors that were shown front on or side on depending on their position. In the end I decided that utility should come first, so I opted for the front facing variety with a collapsed version to indicate an open door and a alternative graphic for broken doors.

Below are a selection of doors intended to cover a range of durability and visibility options. So a curtain would offer no protection when closed but would block line of sight completely, a wooden door with a peep hole would offer some protection whilst allowing a line of sight when next to it and a metal grill would offer a free line of sight, good protection against melee attacks and no protection against ranged weapons.





2 comments:

  1. Yay, new post! With doors!
    I like the idea of doors with peep holes, never seen those in a roguelike before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I was looking forward to implementing doors :)

    ReplyDelete