Pages

Friday 25 November 2011

Basic character classes


Here are a selection of basic character classes, actually its just a bit of an experiment with different armaments and making equivalent characters for each race.
I have to say I am most proud of the ladies, I had my doubts that I would be able to get enough femininity out of such a small number of pixels but I think they came out quite well (The chick in red with a spear is particularly hot!). Other small differences to note - dwarf archer carries what is supposed to be crossbow rather than a bow and the dwarf warrior has an Axe.

I don't think I would like the game to actually involve selectable classes, instead I'd want the player's equipment choice to effect the tactics they adopt in-game. Although I don't have it all fully figured out, different weapon types would allow different moves, a shield would allow you to barge enemies aside, a sword would let slash two adjacent squares, a spear would allow you to simultaneously attack with the point and the butt of your weapon in opposite directions, stuff like that. Ideally each weapon type would have two special moves and weapon combinations would add additional options. I'll make a separate series of posts on weapons later.

Next up, some basic enemies...

No comments:

Post a Comment