Pages

Friday 25 November 2011

Reptiles

I like Robert E Howard a lot, one of the awesome things about pulp era fantasy is all the talk of creatures dragging themselves up from the primordial swamps - building decadent civilisations and then sliding through the ages into degeneracy. Well that was some big talk up for what I was trying with these sprites! For both of these races  I've included their primitive forms and have them sort-of progressing. I intended the lizard men to be a little more noble,and tried to make the elder more regal with a large (well, two pixels) crest and a deeper orange in his chest.
I think I'd like to add villagers to these sets so they could be used in more narrative contexts.

1 comment:

  1. Reptiles are very interesting creatures that's very passionate in their own way that only them can understand. That's why I really like them.

    -admin

    ReplyDelete